Our dentist and team provide dental crowns to restrengthen your damaged tooth back to health. This is a safe and effective restorative treatment Dr. Gregory Tuttle performs to fix and enhance your smile’s appearance. Give us a call today at 801-224-1997 to schedule a consultation here at Tuttle Family Dental and learn more about dental crowns in Orem, Utah.
A dental crown, also called a cap, is a type of restoration that can be used to improve your smile in a variety of situations. If a tooth is significantly affected by damage or decay, our dentist can create a custom dental crown to fit over the entire tooth, starting at the gumline, to restore the affect tooth’s shape and size. If a part of your smile has suffered from enough damage or decay that a dental filling cannot fully restore it, a dental crown may be the solution for you.
While dental crowns can be made of gold, porcelain or porcelain fused to metal, the most popular option is the porcelain crown since it can be made to match your teeth’s natural color. We can help you decide on the type of dental crown that is right for you.
Dental crowns may be used for a number of other restorative and aesthetic purposes, including:
- Protecting a tooth after a root canal treatment
- Anchoring and attaching prosthetics, such as a dental bridge
- Covering and completing a dental implant
- Enhancing the appearance of your smile
- Improving misshapen teeth
- Strengthening teeth that have become fractured or weak
- Supporting a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
We invite you to call or visit us today to find out if a dental crown is right for you!